Oct 22, 2008

Reaction Paper on 1951~2000

Due to the less amount of document that were proposed earlier for the 1902~1950 paper, I had less difficulties connecting/relating every documents in an appropriate manner for this paper to flow smoothly.

Another benefactor was that this paper was allowed to have background research that enabled us to understand and clearly relate the set of documents that were proposed.

Yet I wouldn’t say that this paper didn’t have within the difficulties that any other history paper does. The difficulties that I’ve personally faced were the selection of topic and what to concentrate on when I write this paper. In other words, with a decent topic, it would be much easier for the historian to relate each document but without a topic or a poor topic, it would be much harder to understand the paper and the paper itself will turn out to have a poor quality.

For this paper though, I believe that I’ve found a decent topic “the American dream” and made it easier for the readers to understand what American dream is all about according to the documents.

The connection went smoother than the last paper that I’ve wrote and I haven’t faced much difficulties in writing this paper except the time limitation and the works that were loaded for me to finish in order for me to get a fair grade in this semester.

It was a busy semester and heavy load of paper works. But through this paper works, I believe that my understanding towards history and my writing skills has improved more than ever.

No comments: